For the typical family, deciding to employ external hands to help with caring for a loved one can sometimes be emotionally challenging. Home health care however, doesn’t mean the family doesn’t care enough, or that the loved one is incapacitated. It means you want the best care, and time to focus on what’s equally important rather than struggling through daily tasks.
Home health care lets many patients stay in the privacy and comfort of their own homes while receiving professional caregiver treatment and monitoring. Home health care can be a temporary solution for patients recovering from surgery, going through rehab or regaining independence after an accident or stroke. Or it can be long-term and ongoing for patients with chronic conditions, serious illness or lifelong disabilities.
Sometimes it takes a professional caregiver to provide a higher level of medical care or provide round-the-clock care. Patients and families benefit from professional assistance and the opportunity for respite.
Who needs home health care?
- Adult patients with chronic diseases and disabilities, such as Alzheimer’s or dementia, heart failure or diabetes, who need ongoing monitoring but want to maintain their independence.
- Patients who need assistance and care as they recover from surgery, accidents or injuries.
- People who need help with household tasks, dietetic services and food planning.
- People who need transportation to appointments and other activities.
- Seniors who need assistance with medical issues but want to stay in their homes.
- A patient who has needs such as IV medication, injections, managing multiple medications, daily wound care or ongoing monitoring of a serious illness.
- Patients with physical or mental disabilities who require 24-hour monitoring and supportive care.
- Family members who want to keep their loved ones at home but need reliable and professional long or short-term respite.
Even with a checklist, it can be hard to see – or admit – that it is time to bring in professional health.
Prompt Home Health is a leading Home Healthcare provider in Nigeria. We can come into the home, meet your loved one and assess the care and support they need to stay safely and comfortably in the home they love. We’ll help you set up a plan of care and a schedule that works for the family and the loved one, and even manage transportation to the hospital during emergencies.
Enquiries? Ask Dr. Amara on +234 803 540 7650 or visit www.prompthomehealth.com.ng